I guess I should go out and start a flame war with myself just to imitate our favorite omnipresent software company.. but naww.. I figure it is unnecessary. I am working currently on a nice long post for you all, and I hope you enjoy it. In the mean time here are some pics of V3.0 of my Mikey robot. As you can see I have kept the four wheel drive skid steer setup and managed to make the wheel base longer and with increased stability. Looks like I won't need those extra sets of wheels after all! The new configuration lets me ditch the fifth wheel and lets the robot itself turn with much more freedom. I have also removed the auxiliary motor which was being used for opening and closing the grasping arms. The touch sensor has moved to the front of the robot and I have decided to get rid of the large bumper arm. This had a tendency to swing and depress the tSensor repeatedly causing a fair amount of problems.
Stay tuned to this space for a description of my current project and come along for a ride as we explore programming an autonomous learning robot!